Monday, September 1, 2014

The Power of "I Am"

Having Trouble Becoming the Person You Want to Become?




     Are you having trouble with achieving success, whether it be at your job or in an entrepreneurial endeavor? Are you having trouble trying to figure out who you are, who you want to be and how to improve?  Believe me, I have been here and in some ways I am still here!! Today I will discuss the power that a simple declaration can have on your happiness, your success and your life. 

     As many of us have heard, “Life and death is in the tongue.” This is so very true. This is why we must declare our blessings, declare our success and declare who we are. This truth goes back to the mind, which is very powerful. What we think is manifested into the outside world. A thought produces a feeling, that feeling affects how we act, or if we take action, and how we act affects our results. So, negative thoughts will ultimately yield negative results while positive thoughts will ultimately yield positive results. With that being said, the question is, if I am not getting the results that I want, what or how am I thinking? Ask yourself, “Have I been thinking in a more negative light or have I been thinking in a more positive light?” If you have been thinking negatively, the most important thing now is that you are aware of it.

     Through my experiences, I have learned that it is essential to monitor and be aware of our own thoughts.  Only then do we truly have the power to achieve what we desire. Now, sometimes it is difficult to change our thoughts and it is difficult to change our dispositions. I am here to tell you that it is okay because there is a solution for this, too. It is not always just enough to just think it, we have to believe it and thus we have to be it. And how can we get ourselves to believe it? How can we get ourselves to become it? Have you ever heard the saying that if you tell a lie long enough that you will start to believe it? Well that is very, very true! In order to be happy and confident in ourselves, in order to achieve any endeavor that is worth wild and that requires the best of us, we must declare our victory and we must declare who we are. Speak positivity and victory into existence.

     Now, I want to get more personal in the sense of how we individually view ourselves, because how we view ourselves is also a determining factor in our success. When I first started my own business through affiliate marketing, I was working so hard and putting in so many hours, and yet I still wasn’t achieving positive results. Now, I know that success takes time, but I also realized that I wasn’t the person who I needed to be in order to achieve the success that I wanted. I had to become more so I could achieve more. The problem was that I was not confident in myself; I had difficulty seeing myself and believing I could be a great leader and so on and so forth. So I tried to take more action. This still did not work. Remember as I said previously, your thoughts dictate your feelings, your feelings dictate your actions, and your actions dictate your results. Welp, I was thinking negatively so I had negative results. So I was wondering how I could presume to change my thoughts; how I could change my thoughts about the business and more importantly how I could change my view of myself.

     My mentor shared with me some life-changing information. He explained that so many people speak death instead of life into their lives! Whether it be thought us saying or thinking that we suck, or that we cannot do something or that we are not good enough, etc. What people should do is turn their head away from the negative and state the positive, even if the positive is not present yet. Speak and declare life! I learned that I must declare what I want and who I want to be, but it is not enough to do it just one time, or every now and then. Repetition is the key.  He said I must declare repeatedly who I am (positive attributes only!), and soon I will start believing and embodying these traits. This is why “I am” is the most powerful statement known to man. As humans we can reinvent ourselves and our lives. It is a true gift; a blessing that we must use.

     However, there is a catch! Now, repeating the statement, “I am…” is not just enough. Some people do this and find that they are not changing or that they have not seen the results that they want. Bear in mind though that this takes time. We have to get in the habit of saying, thinking, believing and acting in this way, and a habit takes about 90 days to stick. It takes time. Not only that, but it is not just enough to simply say the “I am” statement. You must also feel it! The feeling and the emotion that is associated with your statements must also become a habit; it is also something you need to get used to. So say your statements with feeling and with enthusiasm! When I wake up in the morning I look at myself in the mirror and declare who I am, and I declare my victory with emotion! Throughout the day I also declare my “I am” statements to myself, when I am working out I say my “I am” statements, and before I go to be I look at myself in the mirror and again declare who I am. Do this and I guarantee, if you are not happy with who you are now and with your results, you will be!! Create a 90 day challenge for yourself. Choose to uplift yourself instead of put yourself down for 90 days and see how far you have come.


No comments:

Post a Comment